I have seen posts like this many times . One thing that does not come up is how much money you have to enjoy it. I live in S.E.Wisconsin and snicker at the fine gentleman that lives in N.W. Wisconsin. Good hunting? I have 7 ac. there , hunt public land and it SUCKS! Now, if I had enough money to buy 300 ac. that may change the attitude. Many here say Texas, maybe it is, " the best" . Now, for the Texas guys, add up the expense of land or leases , taxes, miles traveled , to hunt and it is a fortune. . . . and if you talk salt water fishing , , , post how much you have in a boat for the ocean. Now, I can go hunting in S.E. WIs. for deer for $24 a bow tag and have some fairly decent hunting 2 mi. from my house on public land . Few people hunt the big cattail marshes for good reasons. Many go to central Wisconsin and post how good the deer hunting is in Wisconsin . . . Problem is they fail to post that they dumped $ 200,000 on 80 ac. and a small cabin and fork out 3k on taxes every year.. Ok, he now has good deer hunting but he drained his life's retirement account to see more deer. ! ? . . As for me, I like to fish big rivers and and am willing to hunt poor to marginal deer hunting land cause i refuse to pay $200,000 for 80 ac. I would go to S.W. Wisconsin if I ever retire. Why? The bluffs are really , really cool, the Mississippi river has very good fishing for many species for fish. Walleye , bass ( smallmouth, large and whitebass) huge northerns, the best stinkin bluegill fishing I ever seen, big catfish ( flathead and channels) even sand sturgeon. . . and with all the bluffs there is a pretty decent trout fishery from all the cold streams. The bucks get enormous out there from the lime stone and certain soil. Ask Roundoak here about the big bucks . He will deny it most likely. Squirrel hunting too. The winters are harsh but not for long periods. Head west 100 mi. and there are pheasants in Iowa. I think for a POOR MAN like me ,on a poor mans budget, it is about as good as one can expect. If I had money I think Spearfish S.D. and west into north east wyoming was the most beautiful land I have seen . Not too hilly but just west enough to know you are out west. Hunting there is far superior to public land in Wisconsin, ( but the locals think it is poor hunting cause they never seen poor public hunting)

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23