Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Great movie Longhunter. Some trivia if I may on the other 1895 in the movie. This one!!!

[Linked Image]

Was a mock up of a standard rifle by the late Rusty Cox, formerly of Harper Texas. Rusty was a supreme counterfeiter. And painted up that 95 to look like a gold inlaid presentation rifle. Rusty was quite knowledgeable on all things western. I bought an old Messkin saddle from Once that I used for years. I know of several other campfire members that knew Rusty too! Mebbe one will show up shortly and tell the "cat mummy" story. 😂

Rusty was also in the movie portraying the big burly Marine sergeant. Here he is storming the Bashaws palace!

[Linked Image]

I miss Rusty! He was truly one of a kind!

Guess I missed this yesterday!

Yes, I indeed knew Rusty!

There's lots of stories on him!... Like the time Charlie Schreiner fired him for shooting flies with his Colt 45 at a gathering at the YO Ranch headquarters. Rusty was an entertainer. Guitar picker, story teller. The next time the YO had a large group out, they'd call Rusty up, and un-ban him from the ranch. smile

Was helping Rusty "clean out" his abode on the Hondo Crouch ranch once. Simply because you couldn't move around in there...
I was in some bedroom moving boxes and lifted one to find a dried up dead cat between two boxes. I mean it was as Kaywoodie said. Mummified. I called Rusty in there, and showed him the cat. He said "I wondered where that cat went!"

That was Rusty! smile

RIP Amigo.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!