I do have a new range report on the 1895 Browning project. Got three different loads and went to annual hog hunt this past weekend. Son had a few 180 grain hornady RN he loaded for me. Probably best described as a Krag equivalent load. I also toted a box of Rem. Factory 150 PSP CL's and a box of Rem. Factory 180 RN CL's

Started at. 50 yards with the providence tool #21 copy and the new steel front sight blade. The "krag" loads were extremely pleasant and accurate! First group were about a foot low (mebbe a tad lower) and I could cover group with a quarter! Woohoo! Happy! Started filing front blade! Things just got better!! Then went to factory loads. Started zinging em right in the black!!!

After a bit more filing and they a sight adjustment on the #21 for some elevation and a timy bit of windage, moved to 100 yards. Wow! Bottom line got the 150's 2" high at 100 and 180's pinwheeling the red with same sight picture!!!! The other thing that really helped is I stuck on that Pachmayr "old English' .600 pad on it last week. My old gimp shoulder really appreciated that!!!

Next will be polyurethane finish removal!!!!

More to come!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS