Lefty!

That sounds great!!! Still looking forward to the bison hunt report and pics! That's going to be fun!!!

I got to do this again this week on another Browning 95 for my compadre. So here's a bit of review on my installation job and the sight itself for those interested!

Heres the rear aperture. It comes without a screw in aperture. I D&T'd mine 10x32 for Marbles inserts. Other than it being too high ( like their caveat card said, so one could use a 3/4" screw in aperture) it is anodized aluminum. It's just a tad sloppy in the sight body cutout. I noticed that if you are not careful tightening down the set screw you can get a little side movement in the aperture causing it to set a little sideways in the main sight cutout. So try to hold it as square as you can when tightening. There are some indexing lines on they sight body that will help you keep it square.

[Linked Image]

Here's my finished and cold blued frontsight. Actually I like this arrangement better than the bead. I can see it pretty good.

[Linked Image]

The overall quality of the Providence sight is great! It took me longer to fit the brass indexing piece on the elevation locking lever than it did D&T'ing the receiver holes. And that fitting was not difficjult at all.

[Linked Image]

My only concern in the whole sight arrangement is the anodized aluminum aperture body. We'll see how the one set screw performs in rough country. It seems like it could be a loss hazard.

Last edited by kaywoodie; 03/19/18.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS