quote=kaywoodie]Can he do .35 WCF? Your bolt face would work for it as well as the .405. You’d really need to send him a 30/06 if you wanted the Whelen.

Brass for both the .35 & .405 have gotten scarce here recently. 30/40 brass will work for .35 it’s just a tad short. But full length correct .35 brass can be made from .405 when you can find it. I know Bartram still making brass but heard bad things about them. Too bad Jamesons quit making brass. [/quote]

Ya but it would be a good excuse to get another one of each and then convert them. Of course they all have to be saddle ring carbines! I'd need to stock up on .405 brass, I've got a good supply of .30-40 and I should be set for life on .30-06 so I have plenty to reform.

[
Originally Posted by desertoakie
Originally Posted by HawkCreek
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Doable , Hawkcreek! Get with it! 😁

I already want to send a .30-40SRC off to JES to turn it into a .405! Why wouldn't I need a .35 Whelen carbine also?

That's wrong thinking on this forum! wink

My 3 1895s are: 30-03, 35 WCF, and 405 WCF...having one of every caliber is the goal!!!

My three are two .30-40's and a .30-06 but I really want a .405 SRC. I've never seen one in my research so I doubt it's something the factory ever did but what a hammer of a saddle gun!