You lucky Dog. I have guided in Alaska for two seasons so somewhat applicable. As others have said I would concentrate on fishing gear and maybe a freighter canoe.

I carried both a 7RM and riot shot gun and occasionally a 45 Colt side arm but in a chest holster to fit over waders better. Only when I was in the thick riverside Alders did I wish for a .375 H&H. The rifle I would get Cerro Coated or better yet Melonite treatment. My rifle was always getting wet in the boat or the rain, it was stock factory but all exposed wood was sloshed with Spar Varnish and everything was heavily waxed and it worked fine. The shot gun which we carried into salt water as well was Parkerized and coated with Rig and it looked like hell but always functioned. Some had the silver Mossbergs (Chromed?) and they did well.

But I also second the vote on a light weight all around rifle. Muskeg, Tundra and Snow can make you feel like your wearing lead boots pretty quick not to mention the mountains. Since in most locations you want to have a fire arm on you at all times a light weight or carbine type makes sense. My choice would be a stainless Barret or NULA with the oxide finish but there are many other good choices like Rem., Tikka, Kimber etc.

I would carry a 12 wt. for Sheefish and Kings, an 8 or 9 wt. for other salmon, big trout and Dollies and then a five weight for grayliing and the sub trophy sized trout. If you don't fly fish now would be a good time to consider taking it up.

Best of luck to you and enjoy things while you can.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli