Really ? The standard I use is which scope(s) do the job which includes stay zeroed when they get whacked good and hard. For that, you need experience or the experience of those you trust.
Half the cost of a Leupold, Burris, etc. is in the warranty costs ? Well, let's see here. I've got an old Leupold that I bought second hand many years ago. Made in the early 80's ? No letters in the serial number it's so old. I've got another that I bought new made in the late 80's. I've got an old B&L I bought new in 1972.
The B&L has been wacked really hard in one fall and less so in several others. No repair costs. The second hand scope has had a similar history. Two repairs, one for a reticle, and one for a frozen AO. The 80's scope I bought new, has had one broken reticle. The B&L has never needed repair.
Then there are the "old Leupolds" I bought 10-17 yrs. ago that have needed nothing. That includes three 6X42's, two FXII's, 4X's, one 3.5-10X40, and one 3-9X33 Compact. And you are trying to tell me their costs were 50% for repairs ?
BTW, I've seen more than one etched reticle break. At least the wire reticles I've broken still allowed me to use the still zeroed scope. When the etched ones break, the whole thing shatters. E

Last edited by Oheremicus; 08/13/17.