Originally Posted by Ringman
The idea you pay a lot for a name brand company's scope means nothing about longevity. I would trust a Tasco before I would trust a Swarovski. I never had a Tasco fail and had a Swarovski need to be repaired twice in two years. I don't want something with a good warranty. I want something good.

I was reading Varmint Al's website in ~2002 and he liked is $200 Tasco World Class Plus 10x40x50 scope with turrets. So I ordered one.
I used it for a few months as a test scope for Mausers I was sporterizing before the image shattered.
I sent it back under warranty, and .......18 months later [a year and a half] the replacement arrived.

Back then Gale McMillan, scope supplier to the US Marines, was explaining scopes to me. He said there never has been a Tasco company. It is one of 50 names put on scopes imported from a 3 different Asian factories.
I did notice my SWFA SS scope had the same turret knobs as the Tasco.
Back in the 1990s there was a gun list called the shooter's list or shooter's forum, where Chris Farris of SWFA explained optics. Before world wide web merchandising, I got a lot of scopes from SWFA through SHOTGUN NEWS.
Chris was knowledgeable, intelligent, and helpful.

But what ever parts are being picked from the Asian catalogs today for Sightron SIII and Weaver grand slam... those are good parts.

The OP's link is dead tonite.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps