Don't know where you live but the shops in my area at least usually have bullets in .41 on the shelf...rarely brass however.

As to powders, all the shops around New England seem to have lots of powder... And with the .41 you really only need two...Unique and H110/296.

Unique can be used for light target (6-7 grains) and duplicate the original 210 Police load of 950 fps with 8.0 grains. With a 210 grain bullet 9.0 will get you 1100 fps and 10.0 1180...all from a 4" barrel.

Using H110/296 is for full loads only. Anything less than full loads gets inconsistent velocities and unburned powder. You will also get the highest velocities and lowest standard deviation. My very simple formula for H110/296 with any cast or jacketed bullet is to measure the bullet from the crimping groove to the base of the bullet. Then fill the case so that the base of the bullet sits right on top of the powder with zero airspace and very little compression. This will run from 26 grains with a 170 Sierra (1630 fps from a 6.5" BH) to 22-24 grains with most of the 210 jacked bullets.

But one can use any powder suitable for .44 Magnum. I have used SR-4756, Blue Dot, 2400 and 231 (for target loads). 2400 is another powder that does best at full speed otherwise there is often unburned powder.

I like Winchester LP Primers for SA guns. They are hot for igniting Ball Powder like H110/296 and seem to help Unique burn cleaner....but any Magnum pistol primer will work.

And if you don't have one look into getting a Lee Carbide Factory Crimp Die...

good luck with the gun...Bob

Last edited by RJM; 08/19/17.

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....