Originally Posted by Cariboujack

No way I'd pay for it. I don't think McGregor has a chance to win it. He had plenty of trouble with Nate Diaz and Nate is a pretty good boxer, but he's not on par with Mayweather. Mayweather is a excellent defensive strategist. He's very tough to hit. I understand the strategy is to take McGregor into the later rounds when he will be tired but at 40 I'm not so sure how good a strategy that is. I know we are talking a lot of money on this fight. Went to the movie last night and they were advertising the fight. So a lot of money is being spent before they ever make a dime. I'll be glad when it's over.

Not a huge McGregor fan but McGregor was the 145lb champ and went up two weight classes to fight Diaz at 170....and not on purpose. He was planning to fight up at 155 and his opponent had to withdraw....so he had to fight up at 170. You won't see many fighters willing to fight up 2 weight classes. Diaz isn't anywhere as good of a boxer as Mayweather.....but size matters. In the lower weight classes the difference matters, it really matters.

I'm interested to see what's going to happen and the fight plan each of them will try to implement. I don't care for the attitude of either of the fighters, but the show may be worth watching.