How many heavy bullets does a man need? Midway lists 4 bullets over 250 grains. Woodleigh makes a .358 bullet at 275 grains and 2 at 310 grains (RN and solid), Swift makes their A-Frame in a 280 grain .358. Besides these, Hawk Bullets makes a 265 grain, 275 grain and a 300 grain bullet in various profiles and jacket thickness and Northfork makes a 270 grain bullet as well. There's a host of makers at 250 grains for .358 caliber rifles. I've seen the 250 Partition and A-Frame from a Whelen penetrate enough moose (and mature brown bears) that I know heavier bullets of similar construction offer no advantage when fired from the Whelen. I once thought that the .358 Norma would be a noticeable improvement, as compared to the Whelen. I twisted mine 1:12 and I've used the "bigger" bullets enough to know that the only measurable difference in the field is increased recoil. If limited to standard cup & core bullets, maybe there are some advantages to heavier bullets on large animals, but I've zero interest in them for hunting moose and brown bear with a Whelen.

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.