well if your on this post you must enjoy lever rifles too ? with todays much better ammo,powder,bullets,even some newer type levers and the ability of handloaders to build some great ammo for their lever guns too. i break it down into 3 bullet sizes for levers that can hold more than one cartridge: #1 small bore up to .243 caliber, # 2 medium bore .257 - .308 > " .308 caliber bullet 165 grain and below ", #3 .308 and bigger > " .308 caliber bullet grain weight above 165 grain and up" with the ability of the .308 that has so many different grain weight and types of bullets it belongs in 2 classes. just because some feel its bullet diameter, but to many of us its power/foot pounds too of the caliber not just the size of the hole. 3OO WIN.MAG. with 220 grain bullets R.N. is a very powerful cartridge and with other .308 grain bullets it can do what most bigger bores can`t do that`s why our U.S.A. military " SEALS" use it with 190 grain bullet. we all have our favorite calibers and that is great ,but that dang 300 win. mag no matter what I think or what you do it is just a great old cartridge that you can buy ammo at a ma-pa grocery store,gas station,just about any place in the world and probably be able to get a few rounds from a U.S.A. soldier/sniper . I wish you all a great hunting season,Pete53

Last edited by pete53; 10/26/17.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman