the Browning BLR does have recoil, very accurate and the clip works great, bullets points don`t get smashed. this powerful lever gun will kill a animal close and still shoot well a long ways out and with a bi-pod 500 -600 yards should still be accurate with a lot of power too. off my cement bench I have shoot mostly 1/2-3/4 inch groups,at 100 yards ,with a straight 6x leupold. i just developed a load for long range mule deer hunt during rutt with a 130 gr. barnes x-bullet,this load shoots under a 3/4 inch group at about 3300 fps. . yes many say this is a small bore but it does have a lot of advantages from 220 grain down to 100 grain bullets.one of the biggest advantages of this 300 WIN . MAG. is this cartridge is available all over the world. I own a lot of rifles ,shoot a lot of bench guns for competition over the years,but for fun I purchased a couple of BLRs a 308 win and a 300 win. mag I have been very impressed with the accuracy and how these BLR`s can shoot much higher pressure cartridges.my dear friend who was a sniper in the service who protected the U.S.A. President also has always been impressed with a BLR too with its accuracy. Sure many will say its not a big bore and their right ,but this caliber 300 WIN. MAG. is one of the most powerful levers that can hold more than one cartridge,ballistics don`t lie. I do plan on buying a couple more BLR`s ,I do wish Browning built more BLR cartridge choices with longer barrels,since black gun sales are down now just maybe Browning will ? my posts are on the regular gun lever area no longer with big bores, too many get upset with my question and its NOT but its a heck of a lever gun in a 300 win.mag !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman