Originally Posted by pete53
the Browning BLR does have recoil, very accurate and the clip works great, bullets points don`t get smashed. this powerful lever gun will kill a animal close and still shoot well a long ways out and with a bi-pod 500 -600 yards should still be accurate with a lot of power too. off my cement bench I have shoot mostly 1/2-3/4 inch groups,at 100 yards ,with a straight 6x leupold. i just developed a load for long range mule deer hunt during rutt with a 130 gr. barnes x-bullet,this load shoots under a 3/4 inch group at about 3300 fps. . yes many say this is a small bore but it does have a lot of advantages from 220 grain down to 100 grain bullets.one of the biggest advantages of this 300 WIN . MAG. is this cartridge is available all over the world. I own a lot of rifles ,shoot a lot of bench guns for competition over the years,but for fun I purchased a couple of BLRs a 308 win and a 300 win. mag I have been very impressed with the accuracy and how these BLR`s can shoot much higher pressure cartridges.my dear friend who was a sniper in the service who protected the U.S.A. President also has always been impressed with a BLR too with its accuracy. Sure many will say its not a big bore and their right ,but this caliber 300 WIN. MAG. is one of the most powerful levers that can hold more than one cartridge,ballistics don`t lie. I do plan on buying a couple more BLR`s ,I do wish Browning built more BLR cartridge choices with longer barrels,since black gun sales are down now just maybe Browning will ? my posts are on the regular gun lever area no longer with big bores, too many get upset with my question and its NOT but its a heck of a lever gun in a 300 win.mag !

It isn't your love of the 300 .....it's the fact you ask a question and if anyone gives an answer you don't like you keep bragging on all your guns and what an great shot you are and telling them they are wrong.

If you know everything.......why do you ask questions?