Have been doing a good bit of of shooting with peep sights these past couple years which still work for me as long as the front sight is out there a bit. A 40" OAL rifle is bare minimum for being able to focus on it properly and more is better.

So, help me remember some good bolt action magazine fed .22 rifles new or old out there that either come with a peep which is optimum or at least have a front sight or provision for one. I've been looking at the older Remington 500 series - 511, 513, 521 etc. and those look promising and not too expensive. Not too many new rifles out there with 24" barrels or better, and definitely not much in left hand but a right hand bolt is okay for what I have in mind. A new RAR rimfire with a 22" barrel isn't out of the question and has a fiber optic front which is helpful. But I'm kinda partial to wooden stocks. I'd get another LH 581 but folks are getting too proud of those for what they are. Probably don't need a full blown Olympic target style but the more informal target styles along the lines of the 513T etc. are fine. Big thing is the ability to have a peep sight without having to drill anything or cut a barrel dovetail.

Been looking on the web and have some candidates in mind but figure there's always room for more suggestions, so what can you think of that might fit the bill? Trying to keep the budget around or under $300 but you never know what might catch the eye... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!