Jim,

The Remington 580 series has a front sight dovetail. They are also grooved for a rimfire scope. I do not remember what the 582 or the 581's barrel length, but I have a 580 right now and the barrel is 24 inches long. Might note they are not known for a good trigger, my present 580 is the worst I've had, it has a 6 pound (measured) trigger pull. Ann odd deal though is I shoot eggs offhand at 50 yards and I shoot the 580 best, even though it is not quite as accurate as my CZ's, which also have the triggers tuned to approx. 2.25 pounds?

Brownell's has a globe set up that goes into a front sight dovetail. They also have a couple of receiver sights that use the scope grooves, eg. Weaver & NECG. I've had both and the NECG (a very quality sight) also worked with CZ's euro scope grooves.

As mentioned above Remington used to supply some of their their 22's with an integral receiver sight (pre 60's). The models were designated with a P at the end of the model number. Quite nifty... they had 2 arpertures of different diameters... the spare was used as a stop screw to hold the elevation.

Again as mentioned above the CZ's, I am only familiar with the older 452's, so am not sure what is available in the 455 line. A guy by the name of Denny used to make frequent business trips to Chekslovakia (I give up on how to spell it) and would pick up CZ stuff... namely front globe sights and target receiver sights for the CZ's, He would sell these on gunbroker and rimfirecentral.

Also there's an outfit that makes what they call ghost ring rear sights for the CZ 452 Lux, Trainer & Ultra-Lux that replace the rear sight. They can be had with different arperture diameters, and they may help you. Query the CZ subforum over at rimfirecentral for the ghost ring rears or denny's target sights.

CZ 452 American; 22.x inch barrel, classic stock, available in left hand.
CZ 452 Trainer; 24.x inch barrel, euro hogback stock, left hand?
CZ 452 Lux; same as the trainer but has a walnut stock, left hand?
CZ 452 Ultra-Lux; 28.x inch barrel, euro hogback stock, left hand?

CZ ultra-Lux's on gunbroker;
http://www.gunbroker.com/Firearms/s...x&Sort=13&PageSize=48&View=2

A bonus to the 24 inch barrel is that CCI's standard velocity is very quiet out of that long of a barrel.

Jerry

edited to add; I don't care for the asthetics of CZ's euro hogback stocks, But they are perfect for shooting iron sights.

Last edited by jerrywoodswalker; 12/13/17.

Si vis pacem, para bellum