LOL DF, hope Guy doesn't mind me dirtying up his thread. smile

'Ol Rube is quite a story, the action came from a classic Laredo in 7mm STW I bought new back in the early 90's, torched the throat on that, pulled the barrel, sold the stock, had 'Smith take a classic stainless 375 H&H barrel, drill it to 375 A.I. then screw it on.

Called American Gunstocks out in Cali about a stock they had in stock, it had a 14" LOP that no one wanted, SOLD I said, took it along with a set of engraved cross-bolts, barrel band and rear sight from NECG back to 'Smith, had him bed barreled action to stock and install cross-bolts, barrel band and rear sight, I filed rear sight dead on at 25 yards with the 300 gr BBW #13 solids at a very easy 2700 fps, returned the sight blade for bluing and final shaping.

Then along comes a dude named DF with some classic stainless bottom metal for sale. grin

That rifle wears a 2.5-8 Leupold in Talley QD rings, it's one of the most consistently accurate rifles I've ever owned, it's also the rifle I used to power 270 gr TSX's to 3100 fps with RL-17, have backed all other 270 gr TSX loads back to an even 3K, made a thread here about that, haven't found a bullet yet it wont shoot accurately, Ol Rube Goldberg has a muddy bloodline, but I'll never sell it.

Thanks for posting the pics.

Gunner

Trump Won!