Part of my heritage comes from the 4 corners region, my Powell/Shelton relatives were spread out from Durango to Silver city, Cliffton to Safford. Many worked for El Paso gas, dry farmed in Dove Creek, my great grandparents Shelton are buried in Durango. My grandmother was 17 when they died, went to live with her older sister in Wilcox and met my grandfather at a dance in Safford, was married in Miami, Az. Her brother and my cousins stayed in Farmington and worked in the gas fields. My grandfather worked as a welder at times for El Paso when they brought their gas lines through AZ. I myself worked in the gas fields around Farmington on a Frac crew, had lots of cousins to hang out with.

I've fished the San Juan, lake Powell, Dolores fiver and other creeks, killed elk, explored indian ruins, skied Telluride/Silverton and once as a kid stood on the four corner marker.

That said there's not much happening in february except sking and staying warm, you might visit Mesa Verde and Canyon de chelly. So far the weather has stayed warm and if you fly fish the San Juan river or Lee's ferry may produce good fishing.

Not what I'd call the four corners but the Grand canyon is always a good spot to sight see even in the winter, it is cold at 7500 ft elevation in february, I have enjoyed the winter day there. It is still packed with people even then.

Shiprock... don't stop there, Cortez is 40 miles north or Farmington 40 miles east, depending on which way you are headed.

Kent