Originally Posted by CCCC
So - the weather? In that we've had some unexpected precip two and three days ago followed by unusually high winds for two days (screaming like wild ladies up here at times), I started thinking about weather for the Tonto time. Also, thought the wind would be gone by today and finally I could get some shooting prep done in mild wind or stillness by 7AM, so set the alarm and got up to find stillness - but falling snow, and it's still falling at 9:30 with no sign of quit so far. Maybe won't get to shoot at all before the gathering.

As the crow flies, we are approx 250 miles northeast of the Tonto camp - so went to our best weather site and it shows likely precip tomorrow and Thursday on the road path from here to camp - which could mean dicey mountain driving in our old MoHome - if I get the oil changed and other usual pre-trip maintenance done by tomorrow. It's pretty cold out there on that concrete slab right now.

For camp, the forecast shows likely precip on much of Friday - probably rain but maybe something colder - and a clear sunny day for Saturday. So, best to bring some clothes accordingly just in case. We've been needing moisture up here, so no complaints - but am wondering about the travel.

We've had big winds in the Sandias, east of Albuquerque, and about an inch of snow, hail and sleet last night. Some of the roads were iced and the HS parking lot was so icy that school was canceled.

Sadly, I cannot make Tonto this year (it would be my first) because school pressures mean the kids can't go. We'll try for Armijo Springs, though, and I have some new BBQ guns to show.

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).