Originally Posted by slumlord
My 10 month old yeller lab ate two buckets and the stuffings out of a pillow in the last 24 hours.

He is also immune to SportDog 400 collar. Just twitches his ears slightly on level 8. My other male, aka ye royal collar tester... Screamed like a banshee when i caught him eating my Layer Pellets in the chicken shed. So i know it works. SMH

No amount of negative reinforcement, scolding or newspaper beatings seems to impress him. Just a dolt.

put your dog on the ground and lay on top of him a few times a day. When you train him make sure he maintains eye contact instead of ignoring which im guessing he is doing.

choke chain and leash training 15-20 min a day with positive reinforcement praise and food treats. Short training sessions ending on positive note.

With constant negative reinforcement youre teaching your dog to dislike and ignore you.

Again to the OP- get your grandson in on training. if you have to pay a professional trainer to come in do it. No offense meant but Why would your daughter give him a dog if he is not responsible to take care of it? Sure he has plenty of free time unless he has a part time job, plus sports, plus school. Weekends? I had all three and still trained our dog when I was11 in 4 H. That is the entire point of involving a child in bringing a pet into the household.

I see a lot of young boys in our culture being treated like 2year old girls and not young men and given zero responsibilty. Not doing him any favors unless you want to support him rest of life which seems to be more and more common in today's society.

Again no offense intended