I must say, just reading this was quite an education. Truth is there was a heck of a lot of good and worth while experience shared. My days working are done, and my synopsis which follows many others on here are the following.

Sad truth is the guy asking the question will probably never see the wisdom in all of these pages.

Spending a few years in the military is an education in itself. But when you sign up (if you can get in) sign up for a good MOS, preferably medical, radiation technician, IT, or something like that, something that is a stand alone job.

If you want to go to college after you get out at least you have a life basis for what you want to do, follow up on it. STAY OUT OF DEBT, even if it takes longer.

Work ethic is EVERYTHING. It is extremely hard to find someone who WANTS to work and can pass a drug test. You will never make it in a job if you can't do those two things.

You have three choices but you only get to pick two. You get to do what you want to do otherwise known as your passion. You get to make the amount of money you want to make (within reason) but it won't come over night. You get to live where you want to live. Pick two.

NOTHING comes easy. If you want to follow your passion you will be extremely lucky to make the good money but you can live with yourself. You can choose to make a lot of money, but it doesn't come overnight and it does come with a LOT of hard work and making yourself the most valuable person you can think of. Who cares if you don't like your job, you are in this for the money. Sometimes you get to live where you want to and still either follow your passion or make the money. Be assured that this doesn't happen very often.

Never, Never, Never, pass up an opportunity to get more education, regardless of how hard the work is. Education opens doors that you could never walk through without it.

Regardless of how much money you make, stay out of debt, and live below your means. Save all the money you can. If you can live on 2/3's of what you make all the better.

Pick the kind of friends that you would like to emulate. You will become most like your 8 closest friends. If they are losers.... guess what. If they are deeply in debt but have lots of toys...guess what. If they are successful and good investors..... guess what.

Be careful of the bad habits you make. Your children will excuse in excess what you do in moderation. That WILL break your heart.

Most peoples problem isn't how much money they make, it's how much they spend.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain