Before anyone gets too worked up, searches didn’t do what I needed.
I thought I was doing another 6.5 (probably creedmoor), but I have a fondness for 7s and the 7-08, and then for comparisons on what does what, the 308 and 270 are considerations, as well...even if I haven’t been a big 270 fan. Trying to gauge pros/cons of a GP hunting rifle with these vs Utility, weight, recoil, ease of feeding and extra shooting...where I need to be. Only one I haven’t hunted and killed with is the creedmoor....range only in a heavier gun. Pleasant to shoot. I’m just second guessing because I like the 7-08 and the numbers on a 270, and the availability and heavies you can get with the 308....but I like lighter guns to carry and heavier guns to shoot. Where’s my compromise? Heck, there’s 280 as well. I’m just waffling on what the next rifle should be chambered in and weigh vs recoil and effectiveness. Not sure the 6.5 is gonna give me anything a 708 won’t, including recoil with similar bullets. I won’t do more than range play past 400, 90% of the time with this one. I also won’t be climbing mountains or traveling more than a couple of miles carrying it, either. It does need to balance and not be a bench log, though. Just bored again, I guess. Would welcome insights without any pissing match over them. I don’t have that much loyalty to a given cartridge. I just want the best package I can enjoy and not get bored, frustrated, or beat up with.