Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
Oh, and Tikka lites/Superlites are on the short list, along with sako featherweights, maybe a Montana, or Barrett. I’ve had a couple of M7s in 708 and I liked the idea of the M7 much more than using the M7s: they seemed clunky to me and none shot consistently well. Like 700s better.

That's my feeling & opinion too.

I've also read here on the fire that the main problem with the M 7 is the factory stock. 'They' say an aftermarket stock makes them feel better. I don't doubt that. How could they feel worse?

Jerry

Purchased a M7 stainless the same year Remington chambered the 'new' .260 rem. Figgered it to be the perfect mountain rifle. Just couldn't warm to it. My son used it a while before I sold it. Bought a Tikka T3 8 twist 260 and then a 700 260 when Remington got smart and twisted the 260 right. Love them both, with a bit of a preference to the 700. Just feels good and shoots great. These have become my favorite deer rifles.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson