Originally Posted by gunner500
Ed, I understand what you're saying, guess some of my confusion comes from the rabib auto-fire defense of jews when ALL peoples have been savaged by wars and the formation of countries, AND the good book says NO man shall enter Gods kingdom except through the Son, meaning to me, no one is special, we are all equally worthless, therefore should receive the same representation.
I've never heard anyone procalim, Oh the poor Irish!

Probably because the Irish didn't have millions rounded up, men, women, children, and infants and murdered, wholesale. Thousands, yes, but most in times when there were no photographs, no audio recordings, nor videos.

The Romans and the Huns weren't particularly selective about who got killed in their conquests, either. I don't see any memorials or campaigns for their victims, but we do have a different set of ROE's for "war" now.

The treatment of the Irish, first by the English (and Scots) and then the Americans is a shameful blight on our history, too. Same for the Chinese, actually worse for the Chinese, because of the opium trade foisted upon them by the British.

I agree with you regarding our status in the eyes of our Creator, and that's exactly why we should hold no other group as less than we are.

I sometimes wonder at the responses by folks who take up their sword in defense the Jews, or other ethnic groups, if they are unable to articulate their reason, but just feel that it's the right thing to do?

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell