Originally Posted by StudDuck

I'm not one to go cheap now and upgrade later, it ends up costing more in the long run. I probably spent WAY more than I needed to, especially since I'm just loading hunting rounds for my bolt guns, but I tried to buy what I wouldn't regret.

I'm one of those that went cheap to start and you are absolutely right! Went cheap about 1955 when all I could afford was an old 'nutcracker' Lyman 310 hand loader. From there I got an RG Wells press and dies. Still have the invoice. All tolled the cost was $26. for complete setup. Then I went through all the iterations including Lee press, Lyman Orange Crusher, various RCBS, and probably others that I don't recall during various experimenting stages with presses. Still have my favorite, the Forster Coax, the Orange Crusher, RCBS and one Lee press I occasionally take to the range. About 25 years ago I picked up a Dillon XL650 which I still use. Have dies of all makes but predominantly Forster, Redding and RCBS in over 30 cartridges. Just didn't have the money in the early days to get the good stuff. When I did I went for the gold!!

Used to be bobski, member since '01