Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by StudDuck
Based upon your knowledge and experience today, if you were starting all over, what make and model equipment would you go with?

I'm just starting, but here's what I went with:
Forster Co-Ax Press
Forster Micrometer seating dies & FL sizing dies
Forster case trimmer
Redding BR Powder Measure
Redding No. 2 Scales
Cabela's/Berry's tumbler
21st Century Concentricity Gauge and hand-priming tool

I'm not one to go cheap now and upgrade later, it ends up costing more in the long run. I probably spent WAY more than I needed to, especially since I'm just loading hunting rounds for my bolt guns, but I tried to buy what I wouldn't regret.

You have good stuff.

Some of the same list, except I have a Sinclair Concentricity gauge, Lee Classic Cast press and an old Ohaus 1010 scale, my second run of stuff. To do over I wish I'd grabbed a Redding T7 press and a bunch of plates. And I would not part with my RCBS Chargemaster and RCBS Universal Hand Priming Tool. Really like my Forster trimmer and no complaints on the Cabela's/Berry's tumbler.

Still, the most accurate loads I have made were with a wimpy second hand Lee aluminum press, Lee Ram Prime, Lee Collet and Hornady FL and Seating dies, with charges weighed on an old semi-wonky Lyman scale. I think I had stumbled into a few exceptionally accurate factory barrels at the time. LOL. I mainly got into upgrading to the current tools for ease of use and trying to get a handle on runout while troubleshooting while applying what I have learned here on the 'Fire. I really enjoy the micrometer competition seating dies and almost exclusively use Lee Collet neck dies and Redding body when needed. I have zero interest in neck trimming or using bushing dies. I only recently got the Redding powder measure.

The only thing I am currently contemplating is some sort of prep center super multi-tool spinning wonder machine just to be lazy. Someday, the T7 when I get a bigger area to work with, maybe. I used to have a few hundred primers and just a few pounds of powder, now I horde like a fiend!

If you ever want to part with that Ohaus, let me know.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.