Originally Posted by Bbear
This, more than anything, should tell manufacturers and retailers that just stocking a 'reduced length' long gun is NOT the way to go. Folks, getting more women and kids involved in shooting sports and hunting will guarantee the future for us all. I, for one, applaud Weatherby for doing their due diligence in the creation of a rifle for women.
SquirrelGirl is proof of the pudding.

And welcome, welcome, welcome to the 'fire, SquirrelGirl.

Thanks for the welcome and the recognition of the challenges for women in this sport. This past winter I told a hunting pack manufacturer that "adding teal trim did not make a women's pack" and that they obviously hadn't done any research with women. They actually responded that I had a good point and would address it.

Currently, I'm banging my head against the wall trying to find good insulated hunting boots. My husband can walk into a store and try on several options. I have to order and then pay return shipping on those that don't work out. Don't even get me started on clothing. Fortunately, the companies are starting to make the products. The retailers just won't stock for the fastest growing demographic in hunting.