Originally Posted by shootem
I think the ejection issues are likely more myth than reality.

Wrong. Ignorance can truly be bliss.

Ignorance may be bliss but experience is the best teacher. For whatever mystical engineering reason all 5 of my Sako M85's feed absolutely perfectly ejecting the shells right out the middle of the ejection port as does my 1 Fierce Fury rifle. The speed of such ejection is dependent upon the alactrity with which the bolt is operated. Which of course begs the question do you personally own a Sako M85 or a Fierce rifle that you have had feeding problems with?

Originally Posted by shootem
Somewhere off in the wilds of New York City there's probably a people or two that have no idea how a standing ejector works. But closer to home I can guarantee there's a people on this thread that doesn't know how a standing ejector located at the 6 o'clock position on the bolt face works. Take a look at the bolt face of a 94 Winchester. Ejector at 6 o'clock. Unencumbered brass ejects straight up.

You don't have to put yourself down to quite such an extent. I think anyone that takes a good long look at the boltface of a 94 Winchester is going to realize that the reason a model 94 ejects straight up is in large part directed by the fact that the EXTRACTOR IS ON TOP OF THE BOLT.

........................dj

Last edited by djpaintless; 04/10/18.

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................