About the 94, an ejector at the 6o'clock position on the bolt face is in perfect position to push a case or cartridge straight up. Putting it there is asking for trouble. Like I said, somebody in engineering created a completely unneeded problem to solve. And yes I had a 85M, 30-06, 1" tube scope, medium Leupold rings. Plain vanilla. Ejected case hit the bottom of the scope tube every time.

I spent a fair amount of time observing the failure fast, slow and in between. I understand precisely the factors involved and how the problem occurs as well as how one might force a bad design to work most of the time. No "myth". You'll find a lot more knowledgeable riflemen that have experienced the exact or similar issue if you take the blinders off. Has nothing to do with experience or how we cycle the bolt. Matter of fact I know a hell of a lot more about the design, it's shortcomings and how it is forced to be marginally successful than you do. A while back I wrote an explanation of all this here and will not do so again. Beretta tried to engineer their way out of a failure waiting to happen. Apparently it works most of the time but fails a lot and they refuse to take responsibility. Facts and rational explanations are abundant if you search.

Just for future reference you may want to hold off on accusing folks, with more personal knowledge of the situation than you, of falsifying failures and being ignorant of how a bolt action receiver operates. Doesn't set well.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."