Originally Posted by deflave
I was thinking the same thing DS. There are some big fuggin' lizards down there based on what I've read.

You can take that check and cash it for sure. lol
As for the Iiguanas, i lived in the middle keys for 10 years and they are numerous there. The one the guy is attempting to eat is actually not very large. I never attempted to kill one, but some neibors i had did using pellet guns, because they love to eat the flowers off certain trees and bushes. They aren't very easy to kill from what i was told.
As for gators, I now live in Indian River county and spend a lot of time fishing the nearby lakes. I have a 17' boat and there is no doubt some are longer than that as for OAL, but they are not as plentifull or at least as visable where i fish. I would say 6 to 10' would be the majority i see, but there are lots of them. There are also lots of very large areas accessable only by airboat, and they would no doubt offer up the most, from what ive seen. Regardless of the size, i wouldn't personally be using a 22 rimfire on one. You wont just be sneaking up and sticking it an ear. Especially the very large ones, can be very intimidating creatures. Gator tail jerkey is very good by the way, I think far better than MT antelope jerkey.