Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
VaHunter, how did you find the trigger pull? Does it need any adjustments? Is the scope you were using a proven, reliable scope? Their could be some other things that are causing your groups to open up more than you want them to.

I have not taken mine to the range but hope to this coming week, provide the wind slows down under 20 mph.

The trigger needs to be lighten but I am hesitant at this point since this is for my daughter-in-law and she is new to this shooting thing and a light trigger may not be advisable. It would tighting the groups somewhat I am sure. I cannot find my trigger pull gauge or I would check it. The scope is a proven Leupold Vari-X lll that was taken off of a accurate rifle it has been on for 22 years.

Note that these are 5-shot groups (not internet groups) in a 10-12 mph wind that are very close to 1". If you have been shooting long you know some rifles prefer one brand of ammo/bullet over another, even rifles of the same model. I am sure with a few more rounds thru it, and/or hand loading, it will meet the magical 1" 5-shot group. THATS FIVE SHOTS NOT 3.

Last edited by VaHunter; 04/14/18.