Originally Posted by gerry35
Originally Posted by Wrongside
Originally Posted by gerry35
Originally Posted by Wrongside
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker

I’ll get it rolling tomorrow for you. Shoot me an email and we’ll go from there. We hadn’t set anything up with the importer yet.

darrikwhittakerguns.com

Email sent. Please let me know any additional info you may need. Thanks a lot!!

Hope you keep us posted on how it worked to bring the gun across the border. They have some nice LH options and special runs at Whittakers.

Will do, Sir. Absolutely.

Darrik, Eric and the young lady (I'm horrible and don't remember her name) I spoke to today when I phoned in my info and deposit have been an absolute pleasure to deal with. I wish Whittaker's was my local shop.

We are 'enjoying' a major snow storm here, so I'll probably have extra time on my hands tomorrow and and will set up an account with IRunGuns.

Awesome, looking forward to it.

Update:

The rifle finally arrived yesterday. Thanks a bunch to Darrik & Co, so great to deal with. As for IRunGuns- using them was a failed experiment. The rifle was initially suppose to be here late May, but arrived a few days before Sept sheep season opens here. Needless to say, I will avoid doing business with them ever again.

I cleaned the bore, torqued action screws, mounted/torqued/Loctited EGW 20MOA rail and mounted/torqued a LRHS 3-12x44 in Burris XTR Sigs w/ approx 40MOA of inclination between the rail and rings. Loaded up a bunch of 147ELDs with H4350 in half grain increments.

Range trip today with a friend and fellow 24HCF member. Shot 3 shot groups of multiple charge weights up to 0.5 grains above book max. All were at least under 1" @ 100 meters. Highest charge going into 0.6 MOA with single digit ES & SD. Plugged the data into BallisticAE and checked come-ups on steel, at 100 meter increments, out to 500 meters, all bang on for elevation.

Very, very pleased with the rifle thus far. Will load up a bunch of the top load and work on a larger sample size for better data. But first... I'm going to try kill a ram with it next week! laugh

Last edited by Wrongside; 08/30/18.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.