Originally Posted by iviax
Originally Posted by kwg020
A .243 in your favorite brand.

kwg

I had a steyr pro hunter .243. Traded it for other guns before I shot it too much. Still have some 243 ammo somewhere. But I might consider 308, 0r 270 , or 223 some popular rounds.

If you ever change your mind about only shooting coyotes, then you might consider that in your cartridge selection. Some of the mid level calibers like 6.5 Creedmore,.270, 7mm-08 and .308 would have you well covered without excessive recoil and are widely available. The hunting bug just might grab you. Rifle choice is highly subjective. Some prefer utilitarian function only while others prefer more classic blued steel and handsome wood stocks. My first bolt action I bought was with the thought of a do-it-all go anywhere rifle. With that in mind I bought a Ruger M77 MII stainless laminate .30-06. It's left handed and choices are more limited. My second bolt action I bought because I wanted a classic rifle. Again, with choices limited I bought a New Haven classic Winchester Model 70 Featherweight .300 WSM. It could serve as a all-rounder as well, but would need a little more care in hostile environments like Alaska and the wet states. I have more lever actions than bolts.