Kinda late to the party. Lots of good suggestions for rifles and cartridges have been posted and, a few "unbiased" opinions. Nahh...we all have our favorites or at least opinions on what is best for our use and certainly what we like best.

I think I'd ask a couple questions first. From an inveterate handloader the first is, do you handload and if so how seriously do you handload? Second is how much money do you want to spend? The third I'm guessing isn't as important to the OP as it is to me. Do you prefer "new and shiny" or "old and classic"? For grins and giggles a fourth might be how romantically inclined are you?

Most rifles made in the last 50 years are capable of what you mention and, especially if you're a fairly serious handloader and gun crank. If not, probably a newer rifle in a commonly available, popular cartridge is more suitable. I don't believe anyone would doubt there's been a LOT more development put into the 6.5 Creedmoor than the 6.5 Swede, at least in this country.

New(er) vs. classic. That has to be a matter of taste. I'd take a Mauser sporter from pre-WWI onward to the beginning of WWII or, a Mannlicher/Schoenauer from 1903 or any of the successive models over anything post-WWII from any country. Virtually any of the cartridges chambered in any those rifles would be adequate for my purposes.

It seems to me that today so many rifles are exceptionally accurate as compared to 50 years ago that one doesn't have to spend a ton of money to get an accurate rifle. One or the other might require a few tweaks, from what I read, but nothing like what might needed to have been done 30-50 years ago. As happily stuck in the old days as I am only a fool would deny that accuracy has improved immensely. Soo...how much money needs to be spent seems to depend on how nice a rifle you want. Commenting purely from what I read, (I haven't bought a "new" rifle in.....I don't remember for certain, 20-30 years at least), it appears for around $1000 a fella can get an accurate rifle and are pretty darn good scope chambered in a popular, common cartridge for which accurate factory ammo is available. For some classic rifles, that same $1000 will get you in the door to browse....although there is some classic rifle "buys" if a fella is patient and checks sources frequently.

The OP's comments and question are pretty open to interpretation and, that's understandable. If a fella doesn't know or hasn't made up his mind about something.....where else would he be? I know when I'm rifle shopping most of the time I'm casting about for something that catches my eye or I find interesting. My advice is find and buy the one that puts the biggest smile on your face....and everything else can go hang.

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing