Originally Posted by RIO7
Case in point, I posted a picture this morning of about 30 WhiteTails, that were killed with the bullets aka 95 gr. NOS BT and 105 gr. Scenars, 100 gr. SMK's note the bullet wounds, very little destroyed or blood shot meat, that was the point of the picture, we kill a lot of deer every year we wouldn't use these bullets if they didn't work or made a big mess out of the deer.

I don't care what you use or why you use it, but a sample of 1 or 2 deer a year does not give you much to go on when talking bullets and their performance.

Have you tried the 107 grain Sierras? I had mixed results with SMK in other calibers and gave up on them. But I have a 6mm AI in the works that was built for the 105 & 107 grain bullets. Have plenty of 95 BT but would like to wring out the Scenar, Bergers and maybe the SMK and ELD-X.

Back to the original question. I know the OP already bought the 95 BT good choice. But an 85 or 87 will have slightly less recoil especially if held to around 3,000 fps. A past strap on shoulder pad could help too. Keep in mind if you screw up your shoulder it may hurt for the rest of your life or set you up for more surgery in the future. Take care.

For starters I am going to alternate between the 95BT and Partition to see which I like better. Probably be a difficult choice.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli