Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Question: Were (are) all of the Disciples, Prophets and Apostles - Liars?

Would like to know just how much you truly disbelieve. Remember: Yes they are all liars or No, they were not..

I'm not Antelope Sniper, but let me chime in....for a lot of people, it's not so much that we are "disbelieving" ...as we are skeptical.

How many versions of the bible have been written? When was the first one written??? It's my understanding that they were ALL written well after all the apostles had turned to dust....

Suggest you try reading "The History of The Bible" by Taylor. Would help with your queries.

Another point might be that "skeptics" are disbelievers by definition. ymmv and probably does.

Toot,

I think much depends upon your definition of a Skeptic. Some go so far as to effectively believe we can't know anything, which is actually self refuting.

I don't go that far. I'd consider myself more of an Empirical Skeptic, i.e. one who thinks belief is best supported with empirical evidence.

It appears you don't know what empirical means:

em·pir·i·cal
əmˈpirik(ə)l/Submit
adjective

Based on, concerned with, or verifiable by observation or experience rather than theory or pure logic.

Many, if not most, Christians have observed and experienced those things that speak loudly and plainly there is a God and He is the God of the Bible.

You likely have, too, but something inside you choses to deny and refute them even more loudly.

And you would be wrong.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell