Originally Posted by Starman
Being transcendent, would make God incomprehensible and existing outside of space and time and thus unknowable.

yet in order to form a close relationship with God , His immanence (as the earthly realm form of flesh and bone Jesus)
was required to overshadow His transcendence.

So when we are talking fleshly form walking through walls or materialising, the question can be relevant.

Luke 24:39 (KJV)

"Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."

(To be correct I should have said it's a meaningless, not pointless, question.)

No, not really unless you change that to God is not completely comprehensible and not completely knowable. Offhand examples, reason and prophets.

Then there is the Christian concept of a trinitarian god with Jesus being both human and divine, a direct interface so to speak between us and God the Father. Pretty appealing concept really, what a perfect expression of love and mercy.

Being transcendent does not preclude appearing as a physical presence, it means not being restricted by (transcending) physical laws.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.