Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by jwall
Guys I'm not pushing anything at all. This is just more info per XTRs.

[Linked Image]

The XTRs and NEW FTWT were Introduced in 1981.

That's the Cover of the 1981 Win catalog and on P 6 we find this:

[Linked Image]

I agree with those who've said something to this effect. The XTRs are VERY GOOD rifles.
I have one now in 6.5X55 and had a 270 W. Neither of them gave me any trouble at all.

Jerry

The "XTR" ("title of the thread", as you so eloquently told another poster) actually came out in 1978. Just so you know. The earliest XTR fwt's were made in 1980 and made their debut in 1981...

Also from what could gather on the good ol intranet, the debut of the model 70 xtr featherweight was held up due to the strike at the new haven plant. I read they wanted to introduce them in 79 but labor strife, chitty economy, super inflation Olin corporation decided there was no money to made in selling firearms, just in ammunition. They were going to shut the plant down in 81 anyhow. So the employees formed USRACo and bought the facility and the use of Winchester name from Olin. Then in 1988 they went bankrupt and that's when FN stepped in.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.