I'd be interested in what loads you use in your 7MM Mauser. The only factory load that I've used in mine was the 145 gr. Winchester load which shot slightly less than MOA. Mine did have a problem with serious barrel fouling until I did a firelapping of the barrel. Now she shoots everything good.

I almost never use factory ammo in any of my rifles and the 7x57 is no exception. I've been working with Rl17 and the 150 gr. Nosler Partition with interesting results. Worked up to 2884 FPS with a half in three shot group. That's 280 Remington territory.I have several loads with that bullet and Rl17 ranging from 2700 FPS to the 2884 mentioned above. Guess I should mention that I do most of my load work ups during Tucson's very hot summers. I figure if pressure is gonna be a problem, it'll show up a lot faster in out summer heat.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE