I have one Winchester 300 Win Mag XTR with a Bell and Carlson pre-medalist synthetic stock. It isn't much to look at and presently without a scope because I need to get it re-barrelled. It will still shoot 2 moa with a barrel that has seen better days. My father bought it from a South Bound Teacher needing money. He used it for a while and then tipped it over on his Sasquatch 3-wheeler and bent the barrel. He didn't like it after that. We took it into town and had Red Morton straighten the barrel and skim bed the rifle in the synthetic stock. Red worked for Great Northern Guns at the time but he was a maestro. He also worked the action and changed the magazine box so it holds five magnum shells rather than three. He worked the trigger over so it breaks like an egg at 3 lbs and put a Leupold M8 4X with a lyman 3 moa dot. That was in 1982. Since that time I hunted with that gun and it had a bit of that lucky gun mojo. I co-shot a moose with my brother in 1982 after it was fixed. I shot my first black bear and other black bears. I once shot a moose offhand at 320 yards and nailed it with a perfect shot in the chest area that was under a bit of a tree. The gun just delivered. It shot my biggest ram a 39 7/8 inch dall at 10 yards. I shot a grizzly with it when I was 25 years old. It took another ram with it in the Alaska range. When ever I fell out of favor and was missing with other guns, I could grab that gun and put the bullet exactly where I wanted. It is interesting that it used to group in the center of that dot at 200 yards. I might get buried with that gun and if the wife decides to cremate me well then that sucker is going into the fire with me.

Last edited by kaboku68; 07/18/22.