Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Yes, Winchester sold Model 70s with McMillan's stocks on them. Mostly called "Winlite" but they also sold them on the Sporter Magnums. Some were blind, some had bottom metal; some were schnabel, some were classic. Nearly all were painted black with no checkering, but I do have one that was factory-painted medium gray.

As I recall, some of those Winlite stocks also came from Brown Precision (non-schnable variety). Not 100% sure of the reason why they had two manufacturers for them but I had a '06 in one of the Brown stocks that I sold here to TDN a while back. Great stock. When I bought it, I assumed it was a McMillan but after some research and back and forth with the helpful folks at McMillan, they pointed me to Brown as the source. Regardless, the Winlites are great rifles along with the M70 Fetherweight in general. That said, I don't care for the newer Featherweights. Not that anyone cares, but I think the new Featherweight stocks need to go on a diet. They got bigger through the wrist and forend and I just can't seem to get used to that 1" black recoil pad.