Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Hiaring8
Lots of hate here for the tundra...

I think you're mistaking "hate" for facts.

Why would you say someone is hating the tundra because it won't pull as good as a 3/4 ton diesel? News flash...it won't! It's not a 3/4 ton and it's not a diesel. It's an outdated gas motor. My 2014 Ram has more HP than the Tundra. I love the tundra's. Until I had this Ram, my Tundra was my favorite truck I had.

What 10 horsepower more and it is still a very dated pushrod engine.? Outdated LMAO

No 10hp isn't going to make or break it. But it isn't using 4.30 gears to get a tow rating for some that is probably shouldn't be towing. There are quite a few comparison's out there that show the Tundra coming in second to last, ahead of only the Titan. The big 3 win nearly every time.

The Tundra will tow what any other 1/2 ton out there should be towing....hell it towed the space shuttle. grin

All joking aside, I have a 2011 Tundra and a few friends have various other makes of 1/2 tons that we all bought around the same time. My Tundra is plain and simple holding up better than the competition and they have all finally started to admit it. Mine has not been in the shop for anything other than oil changes and tire replacement/rotations. Sadly the others can't say the same. Hopefully the newer/updated Tundra will have some updates to bring it closer to the competition.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA