I don't understand why there are those here that constantly debate the Tundra vs 3/4 or diesel. The Tundra was never designed to be or compete with a 3/4 truck, It was however designed to be the best 1/2 ton truck out there. when introduced in 07 it was far ahead of the others, over time they have caught up and some think passed it up, except in one area, reliability. Why does the Tundra hold the highest resale in all 1/2 ton trucks??

I bought an 07 in October of 07 and it now has 130,000 completely trouble free miles, I don't baby it either, it has towed, hauled and had it's fair share of 4x4 miles, never a problem. when they redesign the truck I will buy another, why? They are good trucks and I don't have to run back to the dealer for expensive repairs.

My biggest gripe with the Tundra is the lack of a rear locker, hopefully the new design will have that option, better yet would it would be offered in both ends.

I have an old 2500 Cummins for the heavy stuff but for normal trailers and everyday driving the Tundra gets it done without complaints.