Originally Posted by WillARights

Dig-it-All...Im gonna need a higher tang site if Im supposed to ride that like a bicycle with one cheek slapped over each side.

Interesting piece it is. Sub caliber barrel insert that is roughly .175" in the groove. 8" long with a 1:7.5" twist.....12 grooves. laugh Fella named Paul Neubrand built it in Germany (see "middle" picture) prior to WW1 if my information is correct. Will, it's kind of like a pair of tight jeans....you have to put it on before you jerk the trigger (~3 oz when set).

Travis.......no. -laffin'-

So all that stuff is a little off topic, I know you won't find such contraptions in Wally World. I'm kind of like DMc on the shooting HV or even conicals at pests here in the 'hood, for the same reasons. I don't do it. That said, there are times when there is a good backer and a CB short (CCI!) can do the trick. I'm partial to having them on the side facing me of a big oak or pine and up close, say 20-30 yards max The .22 BB caps I've been using of late are rather stunningly expensive these days, something like 50 cents a crack. I've had these since the mid 1980's and mostly just want to use them up. Only 100 dead squill, 'dillos etc to go. If anyone made lead round balls of .220-.222" diameter I'd just load the .22 GTC with them and roll.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/pro...om=fn&ecList=7&ecCategory=117525

BB caps on the left, CB caps on the right:

[Linked Image]

There was mention earlier of the CCI Quiet and I'd consider that a crap shoot, pun intended. 20 yards out of a match barrel and this is the best group I've shot. All the other .22s (3) shoot magnificent patterns at that range, 6-8".

[Linked Image]

The CCI CB shorts from the Contender carbine w/match barrel are some serious squill medicine. It would be a rare air rifle as quiet as that rig. Killed 5 hogs with it one day without taking a step. Boar ~200#, Sow ~175# and 3 shoats of about 60#. No, they weren't in a trap. The 6th leetle piggy finally figured something was up and ran all the way home.

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain