Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Windfall
Most people think that gun hunting is too easy, so with archery equipment you need to get closer and probably overall a better hunter. A hunting show can pack more drama into archery hunting to fill up a half hour segment. A crossbow is little more than a rifle with a string inside of 50 yards and is looked at with some amount of disdain by the vertical bow crowd.

Well, not quite, but the second part is certainly true. The same attitude was prevalent when compounds first came out. They'll get over it when they get old or otherwise have trouble shooting their wheel-bows. The hunters in my small circle are deer hunters, and don't care what anyone uses.

I got a crossbow so I could hunt longer and without dodging the crowds on public land. So far the experiment had been a huge success with two down and one more tag to go. Been passing on does with my rifle, but that nonsense stops Thursday. Overall, I think hunter numbers are down where I hunt, and I've seen little or no evidence of deer kills by other hunters, by any method.

I"ve seen more lost deer by guns, than bows. Simple math would verify that truth too. If anyone would think about it. How many killed by gun, how many killed by archery etc...

Crossbow, check, got it when I injured my shoulder so bad as a volunteer firefighter, that I could not draw my recurve. Trying to save 2 kids in a house fire. Guess how far I've used it? I won't shoot it past the distance that I won't shoot my other bows. Basically 15 steps max. I"m not saying thats what all should do but I'm tired of people not backing others choices and just continually damning each other though we are SUPPOSED to be on the same side.

I believe you agree with me there.

I suspect your circle is small, like ours, because there are not as many good humans out there anymore like there used to be.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....