Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I never found bow hunting to be all that difficult. I only did it for 4 seasons but easily killed deer every year. Several times on the first day I hunted, including my first season when I took a doe at 10 yards from the ground on opening morning. Last season I tried crossbow for the first time. Took a doe at 30 yards on opening morning an hour and a half after climbing into my stand. Second day had three bucks go past my stand by 9:00 am but none came within my self imposed 40 yard limit so didn't shoot. Third morning killed a six point at 17 yards 5 minutes after climbing into my stand. Yeah real fuggin tough. Bow and crossbow hunters needn't be breaking their arms patting themselves on the back for being such great and skillful hunters.

Yeah, well, I could kill a "doe" eating shrubs around my pool with a rock from my back door.

Killing mature, quality bucks is a whole 'nuther ball-game.
All bow hunting is to me is an early jump on filling the freezer before rifle season starts. I've never really liked bows or bow hunting because I don't like static hunting from a stand or blind and prefer to hunt afoot either tracking or still hunting and find both the compound and particularly the crossbow excessively clumsy for such use. I do tire of bow hunters patting themselves on the back because bow hunting is so tough and takes hours of practice and dedication because unless they're hunting with a longbow and cedar arrows it's mostly bullshyt. I can pick up my old compound after not shooting it for a year and be sinking arrow after arrow into the kill zone of a deer target from 30 yards in one afternoon. Last season I shot one arrow out of my crossbow from 20 yards and one from 40 yards to check zero {both were in the 2" bullseye} a week before the opener and then went and filled both of my archery tags in short order. The majority of the deer I've killed with a rifle in my life were within 50 yards and a large percentage within 30 yards or easy bow range. It just isn't that hard to get within bow/crossbow range of deer and it isn't that hard to shoot accurately enough with a compound or crossbow to consistently hit a deers vitals unless you're an uncoordinated, clumsy ass retard.