I live in PA and honestly, I bow hunt just to have more time in the local woods. If I had to pick between rifle and bow hunting, I would definitely pick rifle hunting. Bows/crossbows are as interesting as a shovel to me, but I love being outdoors. Honestly, I’ll bow hunt less next year, I took a morning off this season to go squirrel hunting, and wonder why I got away from small game hunting- had a blast that morning! Whatever keeps me in the woods is what makes me happy though, so I’ll continue to do all of it.

I had a guy from work ask me about bow hunting (a non-hunter), as he said he watched some shows and listened to them talk about it making it seem like a more exciting hunting. I thought about it for a second, and told him I didn’t think that was true. Setting up for archery hunting and getting a closer shot is great, but it’s not like all rifle shots have to be 300+ yards. If you get your jollies from taking a deer at close range, that’s fine, but whether you have a bow, crossbow, or rifle in your hand doesn’t really matter.

Heal quickly and don't scar.