Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by cwh2
Surreal doesnt really describe it, but thats the best word i have.

Anybody needs anything, they need to let me know as we are unscathed and have one of everything. At this point i just feel guilty to have slipped by so easily.

Dittos. Lots of stuff knocked over, few drywall cracks but essentially no damage. Very thankful family, friends and the community came out with no loss of life.

I feel for those who commute from Eagle River and the Valley, they are going to have a nasty commute for quite some time.

I was in the bay area during the '89 quake. I'm hoping two 7.0's in my lifetime covers me for major seismic events for my lifetime.

We live in the Valley, but the wife works in Palmer now, and I am out of country on a contract gig. I am thankful the family is all fine, and thankful I am no longer driving to JBER for work daily at the moment either. The wife said we lost 50% of the TVs in the house, and she has replaced the one in the living room as of today. She said she's done shopping at Wal-Mart as they are price gouging people on TVs. I guess when I get home and we need milk, I'll have to drive a little further to Fred's for it now. My brother in-law and sister in-law are coming up from FL for Christmas, so my brother in-law looks to be having a working vacation now, as he told the wife he would fix all the cracks and paint as needed. I think the wife is going to have a home inspector come in and check the crawl space etc., as we were hoping to sale the place in the next 5 years and buy some property to build on. I'm hoping it's just the cosmetic damage she has sent me pictures of and nothing else.

I've got a quesiton, how many of you have earthquake insurance? I didn't take it out as when we closed on the house in Jul 2014, I was told my deductible would be 20% of the home value. I guess some neighbors have it with USAA and they are saying it only added about $75 a month to their bill and their deductible is 10%. Maybe I'm a high risk, as I we lost our ass in Hurricane Katrina when we lived in Ocean Springs, MS, but USAA did us right I felt in that situation.

Last edited by Hudge; 12/03/18.