I have not shot giraffe nor am I likely too, but I sure will eat some more if given the opportunity. BBQed over camel thorn wood please.

I witnessed a purdee C****F**** on a Giraffe with a 375 and Nosler bullets. There were some bad shots for sure but the PH thought the Noslers lacked straight line penetration for really large game. His opinion, not trying to start a P war.

I think there might have been as many as 12 shots involved. The cook was in the safari car and she was crying and the giraffe was crying and I had to sort of grit my teeth and refrain from shooting (the PHs Gun). This was not a close friend and I just tagged along and didn't even have a rifle. The first shots were on foot after a short stalk but the hunter re-grouped back to the truck as they couldn't keep up with the giraffe on foot.

Giraffe have very hard bone structure which is why they make such good knife handles. Think of a pronghorn antelope x 20. Anyway I would not hesitate to use the 375 with monos or solids and the Noslers should work if the first shot is good. Anything reasonable will work on a neck shot, one of the few animals I would recommend this on.

In your case I would use the 450 for the giraffe if possible, the big guns don't get much use so why not. Or as others said just bring the 375 with Mono's and solids. The 375 is usually easy to get multiple bullet weights into the same group with a little load juggling so you could also bring a 250 TSX load for plains game too.

As others have said if big game is involved both rifles should be big game worthy and legal.

Last edited by Tejano; 12/10/18.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli