Well, the 2-gun battery is set for September. I’ll take the Krieghoff 500 NE 3” with CEB 570 gn BBW #13s at 2165 fps as the primary elephant gun.

As a 2nd rifle, and on the off chance we need to take a longer shot on a tuskless, I’ll have a transitional pre-64 Win M-70 375H&H along. The 375 is fitted with the factory Lyman receiver sight zeroed at 50 yds for the Barnes 300 gn solid at 2700 fps and a G&H side mount with a 1.75-6x Leupold sighted at 100 yds for the Barnes 250 gn TTSX at 2950 fps. The TTSX load is intended for a mature black bull giraffe, if we can close on one.

Getting out to the range 2x a week to make sure I’m up to the task. The rifles and loads are ready, so making sure I’m ready as well. This is my last Africa trip and I will be very fortunate to share the hunt with my son, as we did on my first trip there 13 years ago.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now